Extended Essays in Biology
Rewarding, fun and challenging describes extended essays in Biology.
Introduction to EEs at DCS
How about this for a starter - if 12 year olds can publish scientific papers you can too.
Good advice and documentation
- Great advice and a template from i-Biology. The template even includes a self-assessment at the back you can use to check your progress.
- IBO guide to Extended Essays
Before you start in earnest you need an outline. The key components include
- Background to your extended essay
- Formulating a hypothesis is not needed, but you might find it helpful
- A rough method, the key being a good idea of how you will measure your dependent variable
- Preliminary experiments will help you refine your method
Reading scientific papers
How to Read a Scientific Paper from the American Society of Plant Biologists is a good starting point. You will be producing in effect a scientific paper for your EE plus you will need to read and understand scientific papers if you are going to use them to support your research,